Individuals and businesses need licences from the Council to do a number of activities.

Pay your annual licence fee

Pay the annual fee

Licence copies

Apply for a licence copy

Update details on a licence you already have

Update details on a licence

Alcohol, regulated entertainment and late night refreshment licences

Premises such as pubs, bars, clubs, restaurants, takeaways and off-licences have to apply to the Council for a licence.

Temporary event notices (TENs)


Market and shop front trading licences

Highways and skip licences

Massage and special treatment (MST) licence

If you are charging for health or beauty treatments, like massages or manicures, you need a licence.

Property licensing

Gambling licence

Sex establishment licences

Other licences

Licensing public register

The licensing public register holds details of current liquor licences and skip licences issued by the Council. It also holds details of licence applications currently being processed.

Page updated on: 23 March 2020