Two-wheeled motorcycle parking
Motorcycle parking charges are coming
From summer 2022, motorcyclists will be required to hold a valid permit and visitors to the borough will be required to pay for their parking session, subject to a statutory consultation.
On this page:
Solo motorcycles (ie two-wheeled motorcycles) and mopeds can park for free outside of zone B in:
- resident permit bays
- business permit bays
- shared use bays (combined pay and display and permit holders)
- general permit bays
You don’t need to buy a permit or voucher to park in these bays.
Two-wheeled motorcycles or mopeds must not park:
- in pay and display only bays without a valid phone parking session or displaying a valid pay and display ticket
- in any bays dedicated for the use of disabled people, car clubs, doctors or emergency services
Please also park:
- at ninety degrees to the curb; and
- at one end of the bay, so permit holders can also park in that bay
There are also a number of two-wheeled motorcycle-only bays located in areas of high demand. To see maps showing the locations of these bays please see parking zones.
Two-wheeled motorcycles are no longer permitted to park in any parking bays other than in dedicated motorcycle bays within Zone B.
Signage on the street will indicate if other vehicles are allowed to park in designated solo motorcycle bays. If no signage is in place then the motorcycle bay will be in operation at all times.
If a two-wheeled motorcycle is longer than the width of the bay we ask owners to park it as near to a right angle to the curb as possible.
The Council provides lockable motorcycle bays in areas of high demand, including Clifton Street, Leonard Street and Hoxton Square (Zone B), Hoxton Street (Zone F) and Downham Road (Zone H).