We apply regional and national planning policies and guidance when assessing and determining planning applications and when promoting development proposals across the borough.
Local planning policies
- local plan (formerly local development framework (LDF)
- development management local plan and policies map
- core strategy and proposals map
- site allocations local plan
- neighbourhood planning
- Article 4 directions
Area action plans
- Dalston area action plan
- Hackney Central area action plan
- Hackney Wick area action plan
- Manor House area action plan
- Stamford Hill area action plan
Self-build and custom housebuilding
As part of government plans to provide more homes, new measures have been put in place for people to register their interest for a plot of land to build their own homes through either self-build or custom housebuilding.
Hackney community infrastructure levy
The Council is now charging a local community infrastructure levy (CIL) in addition to the Mayoral CIL on all applicable development located in Hackney.