Ceremonies at Hackney Town Hall
For ceremony bookings please note:
- the ceremony suite can accommodate 26 of you altogether (this includes the couple and 24 guests)
- the Covid pandemic is not yet over and if any of your guests are at greater risk and you would prefer to keep social distancing then this can be achieved by limiting the number of people in the room to 16. At this lower capacity we are able to maintain a distance of 1m between all your guests if required
- if you are interested in more guests attending your ceremony, you can check whether other Council rooms are available (there will be an additional room hire cost)
- if you would like to make a booking for the ceremony suite please click the ‘make a ceremony booking request’ link below
If you need to contact us, please email email@example.com. Before you email, please read our frequently asked questions.
Remember, before you can get married or form a civil partnership, you need to give notice.
The Lanchester and Lodge Suites
It is essential that you read our terms and conditions.
In particular, please note the following with regards to the Town Hall ceremony suites:
- only yourself, your partner and 24 other guests are allowed at the ceremony – this includes any children (over 2 years) and your 2 witnesses (26 of you in total)
- please note that children under 2 years are not included in your guest numbers but if you have 26 people attending they should sit on an adults lap so that none of your guests need to stand
- face coverings will be required in crowded areas in the Town Hall including the waiting area – however face coverings can be removed in the Ceremony room.
- you must be on time for your ceremony as we will only allow you in together
- latecomers or any additional guests will not be allowed entry
- please note we also have other ceremonies after you, if you are late you will need to reschedule
- there is a £50 administration fee to pay should you wish to reschedule your ceremony to a different date or time
- please note if the change is made less than 4 weeks (28 days) before the original booking, the booking is subject to our cancellation policy. A fresh booking would need to be made and paid for in full
- once inside the building your guests will wait in a waiting area while the registrar meets with you both to complete your ceremony certificate
- the room layout cannot be changed
- confetti on the Town Hall steps is currently not permitted, however you can use biodegradable confetti at the bottom of the steps
- you don’t receive a copy of your certificate on the day of your ceremony. Certificates cost £11 each plus postage. You can order a copy after your ceremony has taken place
Fees – 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024
The certificate fee isn’t included and you need to purchase any certificates after your ceremony.
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – £280
- Saturdays – £355
How to book
We recommend you book your notice appointment when booking your ceremony date.
Make a ceremony booking request
Ceremonies in Hackney Town Hall venue rooms
For information about ceremonies in Hackney Town Hall venue rooms, see ceremonies in approved premises.
Page updated on: 11 April 2023
Hackney Service Centre
1 Hillman Street
- Monday to Friday – 9am to 4.30pm