This page is for council tenants and leaseholders.
On this page:
Only council tenants can report a repair online. If you’re a council tenant, you can use it to report:
- non-emergency repairs
- internal repairs
If you own the property, you must report a repair via telephone.
If you are reporting an external or communal area repair, you must report the repair via telephone.
Report a repair via telephone
Our repairs telephone number is 020 8356 3691.
You can report emergency repairs 24 hours, 7 days a week.
If your repair is not an emergency, call during our office opening hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 9am to 5pm
- Wednesday – 9am to 4pm
- Saturday and Sunday – closed
If you can smell gas, report it immediately to the Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999 or via textphone (minicom) on 0800 371 787.
You should also report gas leaks to National Grid.
Heating repairs during winter
We operate a 24 hour response timescale for heating and hot water breakdown repairs between 1 November to 30 April.
Winter is the peak season for heating repairs and we experience high call volumes.
Before you report a heating or hot water system repair, you should:
- check you have credit on both your gas and electric meters
- make sure the programmer is turned on for both heating and hot water
- check the radiator valves are turned on
- make sure the room thermostat is turned up
If you need help with your energy bills, see energy costs advice – help with the rising cost of living.
We have target times to carry out any repairs that we are responsible for. We categorise all repairs into four priorities.
We tell you the priority of your repair when you report it. If the repair requires extra work or scaffolding then the repair timescales do not apply.
We are responsible for maintaining and repairing the structure and outside of your home and any fittings we have provided.
Your repair responsibility depends on whether you are a tenant or leaseholder.
What you can expect from us
Repairs Contact Centre
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 9am to 5pm (telephone)
- Wednesday – 9am to 4pm (telephone)
- You can call outside office hours to report emergency repairs