This page is for council tenants and leaseholders.
On this page:
Only council tenants can report a repair online. If you’re a council tenant, you can use it to report:
- non-emergency repairs
- internal repairs
If you own the property, you must report a repair via telephone.
If you are reporting an external or communal area repair, you must report the repair via telephone.
Our repairs telephone number is 020 8356 3691.
You can report emergency repairs 24 hours, 7 days a week.
If your repair is not an emergency, call during our office opening hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 9am to 5pm
- Wednesday – 9am to 4pm
- Saturday and Sunday – closed
If you can smell gas or have a Carbon Monoxide Detector activation, report it immediately to the Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999 or via textphone (minicom) on 0800 371 787.
You should also report gas leaks to Cadent.
We operate a 24 hour response timescale for heating and hot water breakdown repairs between 1 November to 30 April.
Winter is the peak season for heating repairs and we experience high call volumes.
Before you report a heating or hot water system repair, you should:
- check you have credit on both your gas and electric meters
- make sure the programmer is turned on for both heating and hot water
- check the radiator valves are turned on
- make sure the room thermostat is turned up
If you need help with your energy bills, see energy costs advice – help with the rising cost of living.
Between 1 May and 31 October, we respond to heating repairs in line with our repairs timescales. We prioritise attendance for elderly or vulnerable residents.
For work where the fault or failure does not cause danger to occupants or the public, but needs to be put right to prevent inconvenience to you and keep the property in a reasonable condition.
We will attend to an urgent repair within 5 working days.
Where further repair work is necessary, a follow-up visit will be arranged to complete the repair. Examples of urgent repairs include:
- surveyors appointment following reports of damp and mould
- blocked sink, bath or basin
- lap that can’t be turned
- loose or detached bannister, rotten timber flooring, stair frames
For more information, see our repairs guide (PDF 1.2mb)
Repairs Contact Centre
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 9am to 5pm (telephone)
- Wednesday – 9am to 4pm (telephone)
- You can call outside office hours to report emergency repairs