Delays in non-urgent repairs
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we’re currently working through a backlog of repairs issues, as such non-urgent repairs may take slightly longer to fix than usual. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Our repair operatives will wear PPE including a face covering.
They will also clean any surfaces touched, and remove any waste and belongings from the work area at the end of each day. They will not ask you to sign to confirm when a repair is complete.
You, the resident, will also be asked to take the following precautions before and during a repairs visit:
- ensure that all areas where we need to work are clear and free from clutter – please wipe down the area with a household disinfectant beforehand and keep windows open to allow ventilation
- allow at least 2 metres distance between yourself and the repair operative at all times, and remain in a separate room while the repair takes place
- leave doors open to allow access to the area where work is taking place
- provide access to handwashing facilities
- keep pets away from the repair operative
In this section, you can find information about how to report a repair for your council home and what timescales you can expect for repairs.
On this page:
You can now report a repair to a customer service advisor using our new webchat service. It’s available Monday to Friday, 9am-4.30pm.
Your request or query will usually be dealt with faster than when you call.
Start a webchat by clicking the pink speech bubble symbol on this page.
If you’re a Council tenant or leaseholder, you can:
- book an appointment for a repair
- check on the status of a repair
You’ll need your postcode and door number.
We have target times to carry out any repairs that we are responsible for. Repairs are categorised into the following 4 priorities.
We will tell you the priority of your repair when you report it. Where the repair requires additional work or scaffolding, the repairs timescales will not apply.
We are responsible for maintaining and repairing the structure and outside of your home and any fittings we have provided.
Your repair responsibility depends on whether you are a tenant or leaseholder.
You are responsible for insuring the contents of your home.
We have set up a home contents insurance scheme. Premiums are from as little as £1.27 per week for a £9,000 sum insured.
Repairs Contact Centre
- Mon to Fri 8am - 7pm; Sat 9am - 1pm