Daubeney Fields is a park in the Kings Park ward of Hackney. The park sits between Daubeney Road and Kingsmead Way in E9 and has views over the Lee Navigation and Hackney Marshes to the east.
View management plan
On this page:
Through the King’s Park Moving Together programme, local residents have expressed how important Daubeney Fields is to them.
People have also told us that the park could be more welcoming and used for more activities. A place where everyone in the community can spend time outdoors, connect with others and be active.
We’ve been working with community partners to look at improvements that we can make to the park based on what we’ve heard from the community. If you’ve visited Daubeney Fields recently, you will have seen changes to make the entrances more welcoming and open up views into the park.
Over the coming months, we will be working with the community to develop further plans, including:
- creating new paths, to make it easier to move around the park
- introducing a small outdoor gym, so people across the community can workout for free
- improving the adventure playground, so that children can play outdoors regardless of the weather
- exploring ways to use the unique opportunity of the canal for physical activity
Have your say
We would like to know what you think about the proposals for an outdoor gym and some new sections of footpath. We would also like to hear your ideas about activities and support that would enable you to use the improved park to be more active.
Complete the online survey below to have your say. If you wish to be sent a paper copy of the survey let us know.
You can also:
- drop in to Hackney Marsh Partnership at Kingsmead Kabin on Kingsmead Way on a Wednesday from 10.30am to 12.30pm to see the plans and share your views over a cup of tea
- find out more and tell us your thoughts at our pop-up stall in Daubeney Fields (near the adventure playground) on Tuesday 6 December 2.30pm to 4pm
- join a focus group – get in touch to find out more
For more information, email email@example.com or call 0208 356 7030.
- play area
- adventure playground managed by Hackney Learning Trust
- skate park
- amenity grass
- woodland pockets
- community orchard
The park’s play area was redesigned into a fully playable landscape with an outdoor classroom in 2019, with funding from the Council, London Marathon Charitable Trust and Veolia Environmental Trust.
If you would like to become more involved in the park’s user group, please contact Gerry Tissier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hackney Marsh Adventure Playground is based in Daubeney Fields and managed by Young Hackney. Skilled play workers are on hand to encourage and help with swinging, climbing and digging, building dens, cooking, painting and more. Hackney Marsh Adventure Playground is usually open after school, on Saturdays and during holidays, and accepts children aged 6 to 15 years (up to 18 with a special educational need and/or a disability).
Barbecues are not allowed in Daubeney Fields.
Dogs are excluded from the play area. Council officers have the power to request that dogs are put on leads if they are behaving aggressively, causing damage, or if their owner does not have appropriate control over them. More information on dogs in parks.