Well Street Common
Well Street Common is an attractive and popular site in the south of Hackney with an impressive selection of London plane and chestnut trees. It’s designated common land and is used for community events and activities throughout the year.
To find out about how the park is managed, see our management plan (PDF 12mb)
- community orchard
- children’s play area
- trim trail
Barbecues are not allowed in Well Street Common.
Dogs are not allowed in the play area. If your dogs are behaving aggressively or causing damage, or are out of your control, council officers have the power to request that you put them on leads. More information on dogs in parks.
Well Street Common user group organise the annual community festival. More information
We want to improve the play area on Well Street Common. In 2022 we consulted park users, local residents and children on design proposals to improve the play area. Around 80% of those surveyed loved or liked the designs.
View the consultation report, the original designs and the updated designs:
As Well Street Common is classified as common land we are applying for permission to undertake the works from the Secretary of State. We hope to receive a decision in Autumn 2023.
View the application for Common Land consent along with its supporting documents:
- Well Street Common play area commons consent application (PDF 355kb)
- Well Street Common play area common land consent appendices (google doc)
- Well Street Common commons register and plan (PDF 3.9mb)
- plans of proposed works (PDF 9.2mb)
- Well Street Common existing constructions (PDF 8.9mb)
- policies, plans and strategies (PDF 64.9mb)
- delegated powers report for commons consent application (google doc)
- Well Street Common notice of proposed works on common land (PDF 4.9mb)