Household rubbish and bin collections
Changes to rubbish collections
Changes to rubbish collections are coming from March 2021.
We encourage everyone to cut down on rubbish in the first place – it helps save money and protects the environment.
Please only throw away rubbish that can’t be recycled.
On this page:
You can also call 020 8356 6688.
Fortnightly bin collection
We supply 180 litre wheeled bins to all properties who receive a fortnightly waste collection to store their non- recyclable waste in. We will only collect from bins provided by the Council or that have a Hackney sticker on it.
- your bin is stored on your property (e.g. a front garden). Only in unique circumstances where there is no space to store a bin on the property, bins may have to be stored on the pavement
- all non-recyclable waste is contained within the bin with the lid closed. Rubbish bags left next to the bin will not be collected
- your bin is presented for collection at the front of your property, at the inside edge of your property boundary (eg. inside your front gate) by 6am on your collection day
For further information please see our FAQs.
Weekly kerbside sack collection
We have a limited number of properties on a weekly sack collection. We don’t supply or offer replacement bins or sacks to properties who receive a weekly rubbish collection.
We’ll collect your rubbish and recycling from the front of your property at street level. Please ensure you:
- make sure the sacks are not overfilled and are firmly tied
- place your bin or sack for collection at the inside edge of your property, not on the pavement, by 6am on your collection day
Residual waste is sent to an energy from waste facility at the Edmonton EcoPark, which ensures very little waste is sent to landfill and generates energy to power homes and businesses in north London.
Visit North London Waste Authority for further information.
To report crew behaviour (good or bad) please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will collect clinical waste from residential properties, either on a regular basis or as a one-off.
There is a charge for this service. You should arrange a referral by your GP or hospital for a collection either as a one-off or regular collection.
Collection must be arranged for surgical waste, used syringes, drugs and pharmaceuticals – you must not put clinical waste in with your normal waste or recycling bins. Sanitary items are not classified as clinical waste.
To organise a collection, please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling on 020 8356 6688.