Tell us you’re moving or report a change
We are currently unable to update council tax accounts because our systems have been badly affected by the criminal cyber attack made against us in October 2020.
Please don’t phone us. Instead, if you haven’t already completed an online form, report any changes or make any claims using one of the forms on this page.
We will not be able to make any changes immediately but will update our records as soon as possible.
On this page:
- Residents - let us know if you're moving in or out
- Residents - let us know if the occupiers in your household have changed
- Landlords - let us know if your tenants are moving in or out
- Claim a discount or exemption
- Upload evidence for tenancy agreements or student certificates
- Let us know someone has died
- Contact us about another change to your council tax
If you need to change something else about your council tax, please contact us.
To reduce processing time, please have the following to hand before completing the form:
- a daytime telephone number or email address
- the date you are moving
- the name of the new occupier, if you know it
- your old council tax account number, if applicable
- if you are a tenant, the name and address of your landlord and whether the property is furnished
- if you own the property, details of the agents arranging the sale or the name of the solicitor acting for you on the sale
- if you’re moving to a new address in Hackney, the name and forwarding address of the people who lived there before you
Let us know of any changes to the details of the adult residents in the property.
This includes any additional adult residents that have moved in and joined the household, and any adult residents that have moved out and left the household.
Let us know if a tenant is moving in or out of your property:
You can upload any evidence you may need to provide using this form: