Tell us you’re moving or report a change
On this page:
- Residents - let us know if you're moving in or out
- Residents - let us know if the residents in your household have changed
- Landlords - let us know if your tenants are moving in or out
- Claim a discount or exemption
- Upload evidence
- Let us know someone has died
- Contact us about another change to your council tax
If you need to change something else about your council tax, please contact us.
Residents – let us know if you’re moving in or out
To reduce processing time, please have the following to hand before you complete the form:
- a daytime telephone number or email address
- the date you are moving
- the name of the new occupier, if you know it
- your old council tax account number, if applicable
- if you are a tenant – the name and address of your landlord and whether the property is furnished
- if you own the property – details of the agents arranging the sale or the name of the solicitor acting for you on the sale
- if you’re moving to a new address in Hackney – the name and forwarding address of the people who lived there before you
Let us know if you’re moving in or out
Residents – let us know if the residents in your household have changed
Let us know of any changes to the details of the adult residents in the property.
This includes any additional adult residents that have moved in and joined the household.
Also includes any adult residents that have moved out and left the household.
Report a change of residents in your household
Landlords – let us know if your tenants are moving in or out
Let us know if a tenant is moving in or out of your property:
Tell us about a tenant moving in or out
Claim a discount or exemption
Use this form to upload any evidence you may need to provide for changes to your account, to clarify a discrepancy, or in support of your claim for a discount or exemption.
- student certificates
- signed tenancy agreements
- missing payment details
- doctors certificates and benefits evidence for severe mental impairment discount claims
- photographic evidence for disabled band reduction
- temporary reduction for unoccupied properties undergoing major structural works
You will need your Council Tax account reference number.
If you do not have an account number because you have moved recently and do not have a bill in your name yet. Complete a change of address form and upload your evidence with that form.
Single person discount
Let us know someone has died
Contact us about another change to your council tax
Council tax contact line
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 9am to 5pm (telephone)
- Wednesday – 9am to 4pm (telephone)
Save time by reporting a change of address or applying for discounts or exemptions now. If you think your bill is wrong or have any other queries, use our enquiry form.