Tell us you’re moving or report a change
Following work to recover the Council Tax system and data, our team is now working hard to process the backlog of work that has been received since October 2020.
Please don’t phone us. Instead, if you haven’t already completed an online form, report any changes or make any claims using one of the forms on this page.
We would like to thank you in advance for your continued patience while our teams work to complete the recovery work.
To allow the team to continue this work as quickly as possible we are asking that, where possible, you avoid contacting the team to chase up correspondence you have sent to us and that you use the online forms where possible to provide any information you need to send to us.
We will contact you as soon as your request has been processed.
On this page:
- Residents - let us know if you're moving in or out
- Residents - let us know if the occupiers in your household have changed
- Landlords - let us know if your tenants are moving in or out
- Claim a discount or exemption
- Upload evidence
- Let us know someone has died
- Contact us about another change to your council tax
If you need to change something else about your council tax, please contact us.
To reduce processing time, please have the following to hand before completing the form:
- a daytime telephone number or email address
- the date you are moving
- the name of the new occupier, if you know it
- your old council tax account number, if applicable
- if you are a tenant, the name and address of your landlord and whether the property is furnished
- if you own the property, details of the agents arranging the sale or the name of the solicitor acting for you on the sale
- if you’re moving to a new address in Hackney, the name and forwarding address of the people who lived there before you
Let us know of any changes to the details of the adult residents in the property.
This includes any additional adult residents that have moved in and joined the household, and any adult residents that have moved out and left the household.
Let us know if a tenant is moving in or out of your property:
Use this form to upload any evidence you may need to provide for changes to your account, to clarify a discrepancy, or in support of your claim for a discount or exemption.
For example student certificates, signed tenancy agreements, missing payment details, doctors certificates and benefits evidence for severe mental impairment discount claims, or photographic evidence for disabled band reduction or temporary reduction for unoccupied properties undergoing major structural works.
You will need your Council Tax account reference number.
If you do not have an account number because you have moved recently and do not have a bill in your name yet, please complete a change of address form and upload your evidence with that form.