We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.
You need a property licence if you own and let out a property that:
- meets the definition of being a house in multiple occupation (HMO) anywhere in Hackney
- is a privately rented property located in Brownswood, Cazenove or Stoke Newington wards – find out which ward you’re in
On this page:
There are 3 types of licence: mandatory and additional (for HMOs), selective for privately rented properties in the above 3 wards.
You’ll need certain documents/information to hand to make an application.
Essential information you need to provide
- details about the property structure and safety equipment
- name and addresses of persons and organisations with an interest in the property
- licence holder date of birth
- payment card details (for payment of fee)
How do I apply?
To apply for a licence, complete the online application form:
If you have a particular difficulty applying online, call 020 8356 4866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for landlords
- private rented property licensing accommodation standards
- guidance for landlords on housing health and safety
- LACORS fire safety guidance
- electrical installation condition reports
- guidance on room sizes