We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.
- Social support
- Mental health support
- Deprivation of liberties safeguards
Emergency out of hours social work service
Our emergency social work service responds in crisis situations at weekends and on bank holidays and after 5pm on weekdays.
- for emergency social care relating to adults including older people and people with disabilities please call 020 8356 2300
- for mental health services contact the City and Hackney 24 hour mental health crisis line on 020 8432 8020
- for emergency social work services for children (aged 0-18 years), please call 020 8356 2710
If the social worker is unavailable, you will be able to leave a message.
- Monday to Friday, 5pm to 9am
- 24 hours at weekends and on bank holidays
What does the service deal with?
Hackney and City of London residents’ non-medical emergency social care needs, such as:
- emergency mental health needs, including assessments
- welfare needs of vulnerable people in custody
- emergency needs assessments for older people and people with physical and learning disabilities
- child protection issues, including homeless children and young people within the requirement of the 1989 Children’s Act, and urgent needs assessment
- information and advice
What can you expect?
- a response to, and action concerning your referral within two hours – although 85% of all referrals are dealt with in one hour
- professional response to your situation
- appropriate action
Who can access the service?
Anyone in Hackney or the City of London.