Notification of Utility work in Millfields Park
UK Power Networks are working on an electricity upgrade project in North Millfields Park.
This project is essential to maintain resilience of power supplies in the area and strengthen the network for the future.
Work has now started on the final phase of the extensive cabling project which has been taking place across north Hackney, led by UKPN.
View the route of the final phase (PDF 4.5mb).
- North Millfields route installation – works start again on 12 September following completion of fair and will be complete by 29 September
- Joint Bay 1 installation – planned 1 November 2023 to 17 November 2023
- Millfields south substation entry and route across footpath – planned 6 November to 24 November 2023 ( a small hole by the substation entrance stays open until UKPN installs the cables, once installed, the hole will be filled back in around 24 January)
- cable installation from Joint Bay 1 and substation – 29 November 2023 to 15 January 2024
- jointing works in Joint Bay 1 – planned completion 9 February 2024
- Joint Bay 1 backfill – 19 February 2024 to 1 March 2024
- final reinstatement (North Millfields route, JB and HDD location) – planned 4 March 2024 to 15 March 2024 (we will grade and seed the area)
If you want to know more information, contact their customer care team on 0800 028 4587 or email email@example.com.
Millfields Park is made up of 3 large open spaces around Lea Bridge and Chatsworth Road framed by avenues of mature plane and elm trees.
See site map
On this page:
- athletics track (seasonal)
- children’s play area
- community orchard
- conservation area
- cricket pitch
- dog-free area
- football pitch
- ranger office
- tennis courts
- trim trail (wooden gym apparatus)
Forest Grove Hackney is a fully outdoor classroom for 3-5 year olds. This Ofsted registered childcare provision follows the Forest School Ethos and operates during term time from Mondays to Fridays 9am-3pm.
They also offer an out-of-term Holiday Club for 3-5 year olds as well as a weekly Nature Club sessions for 2 year olds.
This fully outdoor classroom encourages nature based child-led learning through play and lots of movement.
Activities include going on bug hunts; den building; foraging; exploring the marshes and local nature reserves; arts & crafts; songs & story-telling; learn about sustainability; using tools safely; tree climbing and having lots of fun outdoors.
Millfields Park is licensed for plays, showing films, live music, recorded music and dance performances. Find out about holding events in parks.
Barbecues are not allowed in Millfields Park.
Dogs are excluded from the play area and sports facilities. If your dogs are behaving aggressively, causing damage, or if you do not have appropriate control over them, Council officers can ask you to put them on leads. More information on dogs in parks.