We offer a cost-effective, efficient pest control service to residents and businesses in the borough. Our service covers all the following insect infestations:
Treatments and costs
See below for information about treatments and fees, or contact us if you need to book an appointment. If you have an insect infestation problem in your home or business, we strongly suggest that you contact us immediately as the worse the problem gets the harder it is to get rid of. We will usually make an appointment to visit you within 2 working days.
Bed bugs are flat, oval shaped insects about 5mm long. They are brown in colour but can become red after feeding. Their eggs are white with a cap, but are tiny and hard to see.
Bed bugs live in tiny cracks of bed frames and furniture during the day, coming out to feed at night. They may leave small dark spots of excrement on bed linen, but the most obvious giveaway is the itchy bite.
How we treat bed bugs
We will visit your home, check for bed bugs, identify the best treatment and eradicate them with insecticides. Before our pest control officers arrive, you should strip the bedding from your bed.
Cost - bed bugs
Treatment costs £136.44 per visit, for up to 3 rooms. You may need more than one visit, but you will not be charged for visits if no treatment is given.
Cockroaches can pick up germs on the spines of their legs and bodies as they crawl through decaying matter or sewage and then carry these into food or onto food surfaces.
Treatment of cockroaches is complex and professional help is needed to deal with a cockroach infestation.
We will visit your home or business, assess the problem and use the right treatment to exterminate the cockroaches. We will also offer you advice on how to prevent them from coming back
Cost - cockroaches
Cockroach extermination costs £122.76 for a single visit.
You are only charged for visits where we deliver treatments, so you only pay for the treatments you need.
For every flea that you see on your pet, there are likely to be hundreds of eggs and larvae in your home. Fleas bite people and pets.
We will assess the situation and deliver the most appropriate treatment. We will also give you advice on how to prevent the fleas from coming back.
Cost - fleas
A flea treatment costs £136.44 for a single visit, for up to 3 rooms.
Prevention and control of fleas
Follow these 5 steps to help prevent fleas from coming back.
- Shampoo. Flea and tick shampoos help to rid a pet of fleas and ticks it already has on it, although some have residual activity. Work the shampoo in over the entire body and then leave it on at least 10 minutes before you rinse it off. Shampoos often contain pyrethrins.
- Vacuum. Pet bedding and upholstery should be thoroughly vacuumed and where possible washed, paying particular attention to carpet or floor edges.
- Wash. Wash pet bedding every week, preferably at a temperature of 50°C to kill fleas (but more importantly in accordance with the care labels).
- Spray. The infested areas should then be treated with an insecticide spray formulated for fleas. Once you have sprayed the areas you should leave them for 10 days before vacuuming thoroughly and repeating the treatment.
- Repeat. Insecticide will kill only adult fleas; it does not kill flea eggs, and this is why you will possibly need to repeat the treatment more than once for it to be effective.
False widow spiders
Find out more about false widow spiders:
Treatments and fees:
- pharaoh ants - £122.76 for a single visit
- other insects - £136.44 for a single visit
Wasps deliver a nasty sting which can be serious if you're allergic to them. If you notice many in your home, it is likely that there is a nest nearby.
We provide a full service for the treatment of wasp nests. If you think that you may have a problem, please contact us immediately to make an appointment.
One of our professional pest control officers will visit the property and confirm that it is a wasps' nest. If we can get access to the nest, we spray insecticides into it which will kill the wasps, larvae and queen. We won't actually remove the nest, as this could damage your property.
Cost - wasps
Treatment of a wasp nest costs £75.06.
Please note, if you cancel an appointment within 24 hours of the treatment, you'll be charged a £20 cancellation fee.