Council buildings are closed to the public. Read the latest information about coronavirus and its impact on services.

Cornavirus – get help and support

If you or someone you know would like assistance from a volunteer, please complete this form.

Ask for help

You can also call our coronavirus helpline on 020 8356 3111 (8am-5pm Monday-Friday). 

Interested in volunteering or donating? Find out how you can help.

Housing schemes and residential care homes

Residential care homes

A residential care home provides accommodation, meals and personal care for older people, people with disabilities, or people who are unable to manage at home, for whatever reason. See residential care homes

Sheltered housing

Sheltered housing is run and maintained by housing associations and is usually available to residents who feel that they require support to live independently. See sheltered housing

Housing with care

Housing with care schemes provide housing that is primarily designed for people age 55 plus who have both housing, support and care needs. See housing with care

Supported living schemes

Supported living schemes help vulnerable adults, aged 65 and older, to live as independently as possible in the community. People are responsible for their own tenancies, and receive an agreed level of care and housing-related support to meet their needs. See supported living

Supporting people

The supporting people programme helps vulnerable people maintain and improve their ability to live independently. See supporting people

Page updated on: 4 July 2019

Information and Assessment


Hackney Service Centre
1 Hillman Street
E8 1DY

Opening times

  • Mon to Fri: 9am - 5pm