Permits are now e-permits
Health and social care permits are now e-permits. Vouchers will still need to be displayed in your vehicle and will be delivered within 4 working days of purchase.
Paper permit holders should continue to display their permit until it expires.
If you are applying for a change of vehicle or address related to your permit, an e-permit will be issued.
It's quicker and easier to get your car covered with e-permits:
- start your permit today with no need to display anything in your vehicle
- Civil Enforcement Officers can check your permit is valid using your vehicle registration number
Health and social care permits and vouchers are available to staff working for organisations providing essential health and social care services to Hackney residents.
Permits are issued to applicants spending at least 30% of their time on the road visiting the community, working in medical or social care and working for a specifically named institution.
- Homerton University Hospital
- City and Hackney Clinical Commissioning Group
- East London Foundation NHS Trust
Council staff and private companies are not eligible.
Create an account today to get reminders about when your permit is due to expire, and quickly and easily renew your permit or buy vouchers.
Apply for a health and social care permit or voucher
Before you start
You will need:
- your job description to determine your eligibility and any supporting evidence to illustrate your work
- an email address
- your vehicle registration number
- a debit or credit card
- you may be asked to provide your vehicle log book if we cannot confirm its details automatically
What happen after you apply?
Once your application has been approved, your permit will become active from the date selected in your application and we'll deliver your vouchers within 4 working days. If your application isn't successful, we'll contact you to explain why or what you need to do to help us process it.
Frequently asked questions
- parking permits price list 2018-19 [pdf, 262.02KB]
- your entitlement to a permit
- how and where to use your permit
- where not to park with this permit
- supporting documents
- lost / damaged / stolen permits
- permit refund costs
- change of vehicle or address
Apply by post
Print and complete the health and social care permit or voucher application form [pdf, 25.86KB] and return it to us.
We only accept a cheque or postal order, so please do not send cash by post.