One Account unavailable
We’re working to resolve the problems with the One Account as quickly as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Hackney Central Library
On this page:
- Monday 9am to 8pm
- Tuesday 9am to 8pm
- Wednesday 9am to 8pm
- Thursday 9am to 8pm
- Friday 9am to 6pm
- Saturday 9am to 5pm
- Sunday closed
Membership is free and anyone can join – you do not have to be a Hackney resident.
Once you’ve applied, visit any of our library branches with your confirmation number and ID to activate your membership. You can also join in person at any of our library branches.
As well as adult fiction and non-fiction books the library offers:
- large print books and talking books
- Children’s library service
- foreign language books and audio-visual material
- parents’ and carers’ collection
- DVDs, videos and music CDs
- language courses
- self-service machines
- online information resources
- free computer access and basic computer coaching
- free wi-fi for library members
- printing facilities, photocopier and scanner
- reading area
- study area
- private study area
- meeting room for hire
- teen zone
- quick picks area
- The Health Spot, which provides high quality books, information and activities to promote health and wellbeing
You need your library card number and PIN to access the booking system. If you need a new library card or have forgotten your PIN, visit one of our libraries.
You can also book by phone or in person, by using the booking kiosk in the library.
How long can I access a computer for?
Adults: 2 hours, children: 1 hour. Additional time is available on request.
New to computers and the internet?
Beginner’s sessions are available. Please book in advance by asking staff.
How much is printing and scanning?
Black and white: 10p, colour: 50p.
- wheelchair access
- lift to the first floor
- toilets with disabled access
- parking for blue badge holders nearby