Hackney Central Library
On this page:
The library is open for order and collect and bookable study space Tuesdays and Fridays from 10am-6pm. Call 020 8356 2513 or email email@example.com.
Customers can now book one slot per day. The duration of the slot is 1hr and 45 minutes. The slots are fixed for the following times:
- 12 noon-1.45pm
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8326 2513 to book.
Membership is free and anyone can join – you do not have to be a Hackney resident.
Once you’ve applied, visit any of our library branches with your confirmation number and ID to activate your membership. You can also join in person at any of our library branches.
As well as adult fiction and non-fiction books the library offers:
- large print books and talking books
- Children’s library service
- foreign language books and audio-visual material
- parents’ and carers’ collection
- DVDs, videos and music CDs
- language courses
- self-service machines
- online information resources
- free computer access and basic computer coaching
- free wi-fi for library members
- printing facilities, photocopier and scanner
- reading area
- study area
- private study area
- meeting room for hire
- teen zone
- quick picks area
- The Health Spot, which provides high quality books, information and activities to promote health and wellbeing
No public PCs are available at present.
New to computers and the internet?
Beginner’s sessions are available. Please book in advance by asking staff.
How much is printing and scanning?
Black and white: 10p, colour: 50p.
- wheelchair access
- lift to the first floor
- toilets with disabled access
- parking for blue badge holders nearby