We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.
Gas and carbon monoxide emergencies
If you smell gas or you are worried that carbon monoxide is escaping, contact the National Grid immediately on 0800 111 999 and our Repairs Contact Centre on 020 8356 3691.
- use matches
- turn any electrical appliances or light switches on or off
- use entry phones or door bells
- open all doors and windows
- turn off all gas appliances
- turn gas off at your meter
Gas safety checks
Every year we carry out free gas safety checks for all tenants to check that the gas in your home is safe and will not cause you danger. We have a legal responsibility to do this.
We will write to you to tell you the date and time of your gas safety check. Our gas safety registered engineers will:
- service your boiler and any other gas appliances owned by Hackney Council
- check and test your gas supply work
- carry out a visual risk assessment on any gas appliances owned by you, for example, gas cookers and gas fires to make sure they are safe to use
To make sure everything is working safely it is essential that you have a valid gas safety certificate by having your gas safety check done every year. If you do not let us into your home to carry out an annual gas safety check, you will be in breach of your tenancy conditions and we may take legal action against you.
If you think that a gas appliance in your home is unsafe, contact our Repairs Contact Centre to arrange for it to be checked.
Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas. You cannot see, taste or smell carbon monoxide but it can kill without warning in a matter of hours. Carbon monoxide can escape from gas appliances that are not working properly. We have a programme to install carbon monoxide detectors for all tenants.
Find out more about carbon monoxide poisoning.