Future Shoreditch area action plan
We’ve prepared an area action plan for Shoreditch, called Future Shoreditch. The plan sets out a vision for what Shoreditch will look like in 2034 and the planning policies to guide and manage future development and investment in the area. Once adopted, it will be an important document when making planning decisions in Shoreditch.
Draft area action plan
Thank you to everyone who took part in our consultation on the Future Shoreditch draft area action plan which ran from 29 April to 21 June 2019.
Over the past two years, through engagement and consultation with residents, businesses, and stakeholders, we have developed a draft Plan that draws on what we’ve heard are the key issues and opportunities and puts forward policies and guidance to address these.
The draft plan aims to shape growth in the area and spread the benefits of development to deliver well-designed and inclusive public spaces, more genuinely affordable homes and workspaces, improved streets and air quality, new high quality developments that respect the rich heritage and character of Shoreditch, and more work and training opportunities for local people.
What happens next?
We are currently analysing all feedback received on the draft Plan. Your comments will help shape the final draft plan (Proposed Submission Version) which will be consulted on later in the year.
South Shoreditch conservation area appraisal
We are consulting on the proposed review of the South Shoreditch Conservation Area, which falls within the Future Shoreditch AAP area, and welcome your comments.
The consultation will run until the Wednesday 30 June.
Supporting information / evidence base
- introduction and chapters 1 – 2
- chapter 2 continued
- chapter 3
- chapter 3 continued
- chapter 4
- chapter 5
- chapter 5 continued
- chapter 6
- chapter 7
- chapters 8 – 9
- Hackney borough wide Local Plan evidence base
Previous consultation (Issues and options document)
Thank you to everyone who took part in our consultation on the Future Shoreditch issues and options document which ran from 8 January to 28 February 2018. The issues and options stage represents the very first stage in the area action plan’s production. It identifies the key issues, challenges and opportunities facing the area and sets out different options for the plan to consider and explore.
The purpose of the consultation was for stakeholders and members of the public to comment on the range of options being proposed, to enable them to offer up further information relevant to the plan’s development, and to indicate their preferred options.
- issues and options document
- issues and options summary leaflet
- early stakeholder engagement consultation report
Key plan making stages
- evidence gathering – ongoing
- initial consultation to identify key issues and opportunities – completed July 2017
- consultation on the Issues and Options document – completed February 2018
- consideration of consultation responses, and preparation of a draft plan – completed early 2019
- consultation on the draft Future Shoreditch area action plan – completed June 2019
- consideration of consultation responses, and preparation of a final draft plan (proposed submission version) – spring 2021
- consultation on the proposed submission version of the plan – summer 2021
- submission of the plan to the government for examination – autumn 2021
- examination of the plan and adoption – 2021/2022