Dispute your penalty charge notice
If you are issued with a penalty charge notice (PCN) you have the option to pay or dispute it. You can only dispute a PCN for specific reasons or grounds.
On this page:
We’re unable to accept disputes over the phone or by email.
The easiest and fastest way to do this is online. Your PCN will be immediately put on hold while we deal with your dispute and there will be no escalation in charges until a decision is made.
There are 2 ways to dispute a PCN depending on its type and length of time since it was issued.
Find out more information about the different stages of PCNs.
How to dispute and view details of your PCN
Visit our PCN system to:
- submit your dispute, together with any evidence you have to support your case
- receive an emailed copy of your submission
- check that an online or postal dispute you have submitted has been received
You can also find out:
- where, when and why you were issued a PCN, including pictures and video
- how much you owe
- when your fine is due to increase, and how much you’ll have to pay
You will need your PCN number (starting QZ) and your vehicle’s registration number to view these details. Your PCN number can be found on the PCN.
If you are using a PC or a laptop the images of the vehicle should be displayed in the top right hand side of your screen.
If you are using a smartphone you will need to scroll to the bottom of your screen to view the images.
For data protection reasons we are unable to provide this number to you on request.
If you’ve lost your PCN, don’t worry – your PCN number will be shown on the next letter that we send you.
Find more FAQs by visiting:
Representations and appeals
- PCNs starting QZ (24 hours)020 8629 1232
- (Mon to Fri, 9am - 5pm)