De Beauvoir Estate
We’re developing plans to build hundreds of modern, high-quality homes, focusing on underused, Council-owned land across the De Beauvoir estate, alongside wider improvements to existing homes and public areas, and a new space for the tenants and residents’ association (TRA).
In the first phase of new homes, we’ve been working closely with residents on plans for 189 much needed new homes at 5 sites.
In the second phase, we’re working with the same design team to develop plans for sites around the Queensbridge and De Beauvoir neighbourhood housing office, to provide even more new genuinely affordable homes.
We’ve also started the process of appointing architects to look at how we could redevelop sites around the Queensbridge and De Beauvoir neighbourhood housing office, to provide even more new genuinely affordable homes.
But it’s not just about housing. We’ll also improve some existing homes, provide better public spaces and build a new neighbourhood housing office and affordable workspace.
Sign up to the De Beauvoir Estate newsletter
Phase 1 proposals presentation
This video is a presentation of the phase 1 proposals by our architects.
If you would like to skip to a particular section, see the timings of the different sections of the presentation.
In the presentation, the architect refers to ‘loggia’ an architectural feature which is a covered outdoor corridor which is open at the sides. He also speaks about dual and triple aspect homes. This means homes that have windows on two or three walls, allowing for views in more than just one direction.
Information for residents
September 2020 phase 1 and 2 consultation
Phase 2 consultation
Steering group minutes
- steering group minutes March 2020
- steering group minutes January 2020
- steering group minutes December 2019
- steering group minutes October 2019
- steering group minutes September 2019
- steering group minutes May 2018 to July 2019
- steering group minutes June 2020
- steering group minutes July 2020
- steering group minutes August 2020
- steering group minutes September 2020
- steering group minutes November 2020
Phase 1 consultation
- De Beauvoir Estate phase 1 consultation information boards November 2019
- phase 1 street and block events report
- phase 1 stage 1 consultation report
- phase 1 stage 2 consultation report
- phase 1 final exhibition presentation
- 4 sites for Council housing – consultation boards 27 and 30 April 2019
- Hackney is Building boards 27 and 30 April 2019
- newsletter summer 2020
- newsletter spring 2020
- newsletter autumn 2019
- newsletter spring 2019
- newsletter summer 2018
- De Beauvoir newsletter winter 2018