Waste and recycling for businesses
Businesses must make arrangements for the disposal of their waste and recycling, as free collections are offered to residents only. Businesses must have a trade waste agreement and be able to produce it on request. Business rates do not cover this service.
As the largest commercial waste operator in the borough, with over 3,000 customers, we offer the most comprehensive waste and recycling service in Hackney, with competitive fees and charges starting at just £1.08.
Call us today on 020 8356 6683 to arrange to use our services or find out more.
On this page:
Our commercial waste team can design a service to suit your needs. Our competitive fees and charges start at just £1.08.
Our commercial waste and recycling services are:
- local – we understand the needs of Hackney’s businesses
- affordable – we work with you to find the best value solution, with collections from just £1.08
- transparent – there are no hidden costs, unlike many commercial operators
- reliable – collections are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 364 days a year
- flexible – you can change the number of collections you have at busier and quieter times of year
- green – we can help you meet your recycling targets and save money
Contact us today on 020 8356 6683 and we will be able to start collecting your waste within 2 days.
Recycling collections start at just £1.08 which is less than half the price of refuse collections.
Separate your glass, paper, metal, plastic and cardboard from non-recyclable rubbish and use our recycling sacks or bins to save money and help the environment.
Our commercial waste team can also give you tips on how to reduce the amount of waste you produce, so you save even more money.
We offer comprehensive waste services for all types of events, from community events to street parties and music festivals.
- create a tailored waste management plan for your event
- provide bins, skips and sacks for recycling and refuse
- pick litter and clean sites before, during and after your event
If you run a business, you must ensure that the waste it produces or handles is stored, transported and disposed of safely by a licensed waste carrier.
You must put all waste out for collection in the sacks or bins provided by Hackney Council or another licensed waste carrier. If you put commercial waste on the street in unidentifiable containers like black sacks or put out more waste than you pay to have collected you could be prosecuted for fly-tipping and fined up to £50,000 or imprisoned.
Charities, hospitals, schools and nurseries are eligible for discounted collections. We also offer support and education packages to help increase recycling in schools.
On busy high streets we operate time banded collections twice a day. See our high street collection times.