If you move premises

If you are moving into business premises within the borough for the first time, please complete and submit an occupation form [pdf, 53.35KB] to: Business Rates, Hackney Service Centre, 1 Hillman Street, London, E8 1DY.

If you are changing premises we need to be told promptly so that we can either send you a revised bill (if you are moving to premises within the borough) or a closing account if you are moving to premises outside the borough.

By notifying us promptly, we can arrange to update your circumstances and also send the new occupiers their bill at the earliest possible time.

Information we need

We need the following basic information to be able to deal with your change in circumstances:  

  • your business rates account number to identify your account on our records
  • the address of the premises you are moving from
  • the address of the premises you are moving to
  • the date you are moving

In addition to this basic information, it would be helpful if you would also provide us with the following:

  • a daytime telephone number or email address
  • if you are a tenant, the name and address of your landlord, whether the property is furnished, the name of the new tenants
  • if you own the property, details of the agents arranging the sale of your premises or the name of the solicitor acting for you on the sale

You can also telephone us to let us know you are moving premises.

Page updated: 21/11/2018 16:09:25