Please note that the timelines below above are a guide to when you can expect to receive payment of a grant if you are eligible.
In some circumstances, this will be later for individual applicants if we require further information or additional pre-payment checks are required.
The grants outlined on this page are only available to business rates account holders.
If you aren’t a business rates account holder you may be eligible for the additional restrictions grant.
You can’t receive funding for any of the above grants if:
- you have already received grant payments that equal the maximum subsidy levels set out in the updated Covid-19 business grants subsidy allowances. This scheme is covered by 3 subsidy allowances. Grants under these 3 allowances can be combined for a potential total allowance of up to £10,935,000 (subject to exchange rates). See further information on the subsidy allowances
- Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance – you are allowed up to £335,000 (subject to exchange rates) over any period of 3 years
- Covid-19 Business Grant Allowance – you are allowed up to £1,600,000
- Covid-19 Business Grant Special Allowance – if you have reached your limits under the Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance and COVID-19 Business Grant Allowance, you may be able to access a further allowance of funding under these scheme rules of up to £9,000,000, provided certain conditions are met
- your business was an undertaking in difficulty (within the meaning of Article 2 (18) of the General Block Exemption Regulation) on 31 December 2019
- your business is in administration, insolvent, or is subject to a striking off notice
- you are not a London Borough of Hackney business rates account holder
Note for those businesses who have already applied for a local restriction support grant
If you submitted an application for a local restrictions support grant before 31 March 2021 you don’t need to complete a new application form to be considered for the Restart Grant.
If you have an enquiry and you can’t find the information you need on this page, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volumes of emails we’re receiving, please read the information on this page before emailing us about when you can expect to receive your grant or the grant amounts being paid. Please do not email us for any information that is already given on this page.