On 21 December 2021 the Government announced a new business grant fund available in the coming weeks to support businesses in the hospitality, leisure and accommodation sectors who pay business rates as the UK tackles rising cases of the Omicron variant.
In addition the Government announced a funding boost to the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) fund to support other businesses impacted by Omicron, such as businesses who supply the hospitality, leisure and accommodation sectors. Local Authorities will have discretion to allocate the ARG funding to businesses most in need in their local areas. You can read more about this by visiting Hackney Business Network.
We are currently awaiting further guidance from the Government in relation to the administering of the latest business grants, but will be working hard to support Hackney businesses in accessing this funding as quickly as possible once it is available.
The Government has confirmed that new applications are required from businesses to access the grants and we will be announcing further details as soon as we can. You can receive the latest updates by signing up to the Hackney Business Network newsletter.
You can’t receive funding for any of the above grants if:
- you have already received grant payments that equal the maximum subsidy levels set out in the updated Covid-19 business grants subsidy allowances. This scheme is covered by 3 subsidy allowances. Grants under these 3 allowances can be combined for a potential total allowance of up to £10,935,000 (subject to exchange rates). See further information on the subsidy allowances
- Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance – you are allowed up to £335,000 (subject to exchange rates) over any period of 3 years
- Covid-19 Business Grant Allowance – you are allowed up to £1,600,000
- Covid-19 Business Grant Special Allowance – if you have reached your limits under the Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance and COVID-19 Business Grant Allowance, you may be able to access a further allowance of funding under these scheme rules of up to £9,000,000, provided certain conditions are met
- your business was an undertaking in difficulty (within the meaning of Article 2 (18) of the General Block Exemption Regulation) on 31 December 2019
- your business is in administration, insolvent, or is subject to a striking off notice
- you are not a London Borough of Hackney business rates account holder
If you have an enquiry and you can’t find the information you need on this page, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.