Furniture, electricals and bulky waste collections
Assisted bulky waste collections
If you’re booking an assisted bulky waste collection please ensure you follow the guidelines below:
- you must ensure you follow the 2m social distancing rule throughout the collection. If this isn’t possible, then you must wait in another room whilst the collection is taking place
- if you’ve tested positive for Covid or have any symptoms, then you must inform our office before the date of your booking so that the collection can be cancelled/rescheduled
- you’ll need to wear a face-covering throughout the duration of the collection
- we’ll only collect items stated in the booking form (no other items will be collected)
- items will only be collected if they are safe to handle – an on site assessment will take place
- you must ensure items are safe to manoeuvre and handle
Failure to follow these instructions will result in the cancellation of your assisted bulky waste collection.
There are 4 waste and recycling centres near Hackney which residents can use free of charge. You can take a range of household waste items to the sites, including unusable furniture, garden waste, electrical appliances, scrap metal and textiles. You can also arrange for items to be collected for free via Freegle‘s website or mobile app, or via LoveJunk a website which matches you to nearby reuse charities.
On this page:
Bright Sparks will collect your furniture and household items:
You can recycle, repair or arrange a collection for electrical items small and large.
We offer a collection service for bulky items including TVs, fridges and washing machines. Collections must be booked in advance. Collections start at £15, but residents who receive housing benefit do not have to pay. Please read our bulky waste terms and conditions.
If you’re renovating your house or redecorating a bathroom, kitchen or other room, and you need to get rid of your waste, you’ll need to book a commercial waste collection. This kind of waste is not eligible for a bulky waste collection.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208356 6683 to obtain a quote.
If you incorrectly book a bulky waste collection instead of a commercial waste collection, then the items left outside will not be collected.
If you are hiring a skip, Skip and Bin is a useful price comparison site. It is free and impartial and shows live prices from licensed skip companies operating in Hackney.
Our list of approved skip companies has the details of all the skip companies who are licensed to operate in Hackney.