Britannia Leisure Centre
Britannia Leisure Centre is located in Shoreditch and boasts a wide range of state of the art facilities. It’s operated by Better, a charitable social enterprise, on the Council’s behalf:
On this page:
- six-lane, 25m main swimming pool (with sauna and steam room)
- 20m x 10m training swimming pool
- leisure pool with jets, an introduction to water pool, and water features with a flume complete with interactive lights
- six-court sports hall
- 4 squash courts
- 2 rooftop five-a-side football pitches and 2 tennis courts
- fitness suite, group cycle zone and flexible studio spaces
- cafe, creche, soft play area and public toilets
- accessible changing / toilets
- accessible parking
- accessible programming
- changing places toilets (x2)
- lifts (x2)
- pool hoist
- pool pods (x3)
Included in pre-paid membership or:
- non-member – adult: £5.25 and junior: £3.05
- pay-and-play member – adult: £3.70 and junior: £2.15
- pay-and-play concession member – adult and junior: £1.40
Free swimming in Hackney
If you’re a Hackney resident and are under 18, over 60, disabled or a carer, you can swim for free, all year round, at Britannia Leisure Centre, Clissold Leisure Centre and Kings Hall Leisure Centre.
Simply visit your nearest leisure centre with proof of age and address and complete a short form. Your membership lasts for one year and you can renew it by completing the form again.
Included in pre-paid membership. You must be a member to use the gym and you’ll need to have completed an induction.
- pay-and-play member – adult: £7.70 and junior: £3.70
- pay-and-play concession member (off-peak) – adult: £5.25 and junior: £2.60
There are a number of membership options available, including monthly direct debit (pre-paid membership) and pay and play memberships.
For the latest news, membership options and full details of all prices, visit Better – Britannia Leisure Centre.
Off-peak concessionary memberships are available for anyone in receipt of benefits.
If you’re eligible for a concessionary membership, you’ll be able to use the leisure facilities at a discounted rate. For more information, visit Better.
Fit 4 Health is an exercise programme to help sufferers of a stroke or transient ischaemic attack (TIA), and it’s now available at Britannia Leisure Centre.
The programme aims to improve clients’ weight loss, blood pressure, blood sugar control, strength, stamina, flexibility, balance and happiness.
- find out more about Fit 4 health