We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.
Street naming and numbering
We manage street and building names and numbers to ensure that the address of each property in the borough is unique, unambiguous and logical. This helps mail deliveries and allows visitors and emergency services to easily find the address they need.
We can help you with the following:
- addresses for new developments and properties
- change of building name
- change of street name
- renaming and renumbering of properties or streets
Street/building naming guidance
Return the form in person or by post to: Hackney Service Centre, 1 Hillman Street, London E8 1DY.
When asked for a reference please put ‘SNN-application site’
You can also post a cheque – made payable to London Borough of Hackney, or pay in person by cash or debit / credit card at Hackney Self-Service Payment Centre, 2 Hillman Street, London E8 1FB.
- naming new or changing name of existing road – £420
- naming new or changing name of existing building – £105
- numbering a new dwelling or commercial unit that has an independent entrance to the road – £53 per entry
- naming a building and numbering up to 20 flats or commercial units that are served by a single communal entrance – £263
- naming a building and numbering between 21 and 50 flats or commercial units that are served by a single communal entrance – £420
- naming a building and numbering between 51 and 100 flats or commercial units that are served by a single communal entrance – £630
- naming a building and numbering more than 101 flats or commercial units that are served by a single communal entrance – please contact us
Following Cabinet approval we’ve issued the following increase in fees for street naming and numbering to take effect from 21 August.
Please refer to the new fee table to see how these changes may affect you.
Get in touch
If you have any queries about street naming and numbering, please contact us by completing the following form or call us on the telephone numbers below: