We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.
Christmas and New Year opening times
If you have an appointment with a registrar between Friday 27 and Tuesday 31 December, the appointment will take place at Hackney Town Hall, as Hackney Service Centre will be closed during this period.
Approved premises for civil marriages and partnerships
These venues are privately owned buildings which have been approved for non-religious marriage and partnership ceremonies. They must have a valid licence at the time of your ceremony.
To book a ceremony at any of these approved premises, you need to
- contact the venue first to check hire costs and availability
- provisionally book the venue
- contact Hackney Registration Service using the appropriate booking form below to check that our registrars can attend at the date and time you want
For a ceremony at any approved venue, you will pay a hire fee directly to the venue and a registrars’ attendance fee to us.
The only venues in Hackney which has an inclusive ceremony fee (room and registrars’ fees) is the Lanchester Suite at Hackney Town Hall.
For all the approved premises venues below, you need to pay a venue hire fee to the venue plus a separate registrar fee to us. See the ceremony booking forms below for registrar fees and registrar booking details.
Clissold Park, N16 9HJ.
Clissold House is a restored Grade II* listed space set in the tranquil surrounds of Clissold Park with beautiful interiors and a stunning outdoor terrace. Once you have provisionally booked the venue, complete and send us the booking form:
Hackney Town Hall Venue Rooms
Reading Lane, E8 1EA.
Recently refurbished, Hackney Town Hall Venue Rooms are located in Hackney Town Hall, but are run as separate venues. They are approved premise for ceremonies. You need to contact Hackney Venues to organise room hire.
Once you have provisionally booked the venue, complete and send us the registrar booking form:
Stoke Newington Town Hall
186 Stoke Newington Church Street, N16 0JL.
Stoke Newington Town Hall has 2 beautiful rooms for ceremonies. Contact the Stoke Newington venue team directly for information about room hire costs. Once you have provisionally booked the venue, complete and send us the booking form:
Other approved premises
Use the links below to find out more about each approved premise.
Once you have provisionally booked your venue, complete and send us the booking form: registrar booking form for approved premises.
- Ace Hotel, 100 Shoreditch High Street, E1 6JQ
- The Bike Shed, 384 Old Street, Shoreditch, EC1V 9LT
- Clapton Country Club, Unit J2, 38-40 Upper Clapton Road, E5 8BQ
- The Commissary, Holborn Studios, 49 Eagle Wharf Road, N1 7ED
- Core Clapton, 161 Northwold Road, E5 8RL
- The Courthouse Hotel, 335-337 Old Street, EC1V 9LL
- The Curtain Hotel, 45 Curtain Road, EC2A 3PT
- Department of Life, Unit 9, 38-40 Upper Clapton Road, Hackney, E5 8BQ
- Eight Members Club, in Moorgate, 1 Dysart Street, EC2A 2BX
- Hackney House, 25-27 Curtain Road, EC2A 3LT
- Hoxton Hall, 130 Hoxton Street, N1 6SH
- Kachette, 347 Old Street, EC1V 9LP
- Lea Rowing Club,The Boathouse, Spring Hill, Clapton, E5 9BL
- Nobu Hotel, 10-50 Willow Street, 4BH, UK
- The Old Dairy, 71 Powerscroft Road, E5 0PT
- Pub on the Park, 19 Martello Street, E8 3PE
- The Roost, 142 Sandringham Road, E8 2HJ
- The Round Chapel Centre for the Performing Arts, 1d Glenarm Road, E5 0LY
- Shoreditch House, Ebor Street, E1 6AW
- Shoreditch Studios, 37 Batemans Row, EC2A 3HH
- Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old Street, EC1V 9LT
- Sutton House, 2 and 4 Homerton High Street, E9 6JQ
- Village Underground, 54 Holywell Lane EC2A 3PQ
- Wimbourne House, 151-155 New North Road N1 6TA
- Woodberry Wetlands – The Coal House, Entrance: New River Path via Lordship Road, N16 5HQ
- Wringer and Mangle, Unit 17 The Laundry Building, 2-18 Warburton Road, E8 3FN