Adult social care feedback
We provide a wide range of services and although we work hard to deliver high-quality support, we know that sometimes things can go wrong.
Please tell us if you are unhappy with our service, the way you have been treated or with a particular member of staff. We’ll decide with you on the best way to resolve your complaint.
If another organisation is involved such as the NHS or a care provider, we will work with them to resolve your complaint.
On this page:
In 2019 the Council joined its partners in Healthwatch Hackney and the NHS to launch a health and social care complaints charter for our residents. As partners to this charter we agree to:
- make health and social care better for everyone
- value your comments, suggestions and complaints
- ensure all complaints are thoroughly and quickly investigated and lead to long term service improvement
- treat you with courtesy, respect and sensitivity at all times
See the charter for more information about what to expect if you need to raise concerns about health and social care services in Hackney:
- talk to the person working with you or their manager
- alternatively, contact Adult Services Complaints
020 8356 1702 (Mon – Fri, 9am-5pm).
Write to Adult Services Complaints, Hackney Service Centre, 1 Hillman Street E8 1DY.
If you’re not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can refer the matter to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO) for further investigation.
For the LGSCO advice team, call 0300 061 0614 (Mon-Fri, 8.30am-5pm).
You can also complete the LGSCO’s complaints form.
If you would like to record a compliment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you get help or care at home funded by the Council you can call 0800 0731 317 to report:
- missed care worker visits or continuous lateness
- care workers not staying for the agreed time
- not being treated with dignity or respect
- any other concerns about the quality of the care you receive
Calls will be dealt with in confidence and staff will not pass your name to your provider without your consent.
Phone line staff will raise your concerns with the agency and ask them to address any problems.
The phone line is open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm. Voicemail will operate out of hours. Calls are free.
Please note this number is only for complaints about homecare services.