Coronavirus – sports and leisure
- leisure centres in Hackney are closed until further notice
- following guidance issued by the Football Association and the Rugby Football Union, we will be cancelling all football and rugby bookings at Hackney Marshes, Mabley Green ATPs, Haggerston ATP and other pitch sites till further notice. This will also include the Hackney Marshes Saturday Youth Football League
London Youth Games
Every year, over 20,000 young people from every London borough compete in over 30 different sports at the London Youth Games. The results from all the different sports competitions are added together and the winning borough wins the Jubilee Trophy.
The main games are made up of over 30 sports and the competition is open to those aged between 11 and 18.
Get involved with the 2020 London Youth Games
If you live or go to school in Hackney, play your sport to a good standard and want to represent your borough against the best in London, please contact us.
Please see the training schedule for details on all the Hackney teams training towards the London Youth Games:
London Youth Games 2019
Hackney finished overall 8th out of the 33 London boroughs.
Over 1000 young people trained towards final selection to represent the London Borough of Hackney, with 552 actually going onto compete for the Borough against the other 32 London boroughs in the London Youth Games 2019. Hackney was represented by 39 teams across 24 sports since November 2018, culminating in the finals weekend at Crystal Palace National Sports Centre in July.
The Borough of Hackney maintained its’ top ten status in London by finishing in overall 8th place. Hackney accrued 6 team medals and 67 individual event medallists across 10 sports.
This years’ Games saw Hackney again dominate in the cycling and the indoor rowing with the borough winning the cycling for the fourth time and the indoor rowing for the third successive time
- Thomas Archer winning gold for the third year running in the aquathon
- Louis Reynolds winning the borough’s first ever gold medal in the Cross Country
- first ever silver medallist in the girls football
- 25 medals from para sport
A huge well done to all participated and helped with this year’s effort and for helping to maintain the London Borough of Hackney as one of London’s elite sporting borough’s.