We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.
Small society lotteries
Under the Gambling Act 2005, the Council is responsible for providing a registration system for small non-commercial society lotteries.
Societies, which fulfil the main criteria below, are designated as small society lotteries (SSL) under the Act if:
- it is for a non-commercial purpose
- the total value of tickets to be put on sale per single lottery must not exceed £20,000 or
- the aggregate value of tickets to be put on sale for all lotteries in a calendar year must not exceed £250,000
All forms must be submitted to the licensing service with the relevant fees.
Copies must sent to responsible authorities.
Together with your application form, please also submit:
- a cheque/postal order for £40 made payable to the London Borough of Hackney; or cash paid in at the licensing service office
- a copy of either the terms and conditions or constitution of the society; this will establish what the purpose of the society is and whether the society is running as a non-commercial organisation
- a declaration from the applicants that they represent a bona fide non-commercial society and identifying how the purpose of the society is established
- a declaration from the applicants that they have no relevant convictions (as listed in Schedule 7 of the Gambling Act 2005) that could prevent them from running lotteries