To improve transparency and accountability within local government, the Council is publishing details of salaries paid to the authority's senior management team. The information will put disclosure requirements on a similar level with other areas of the public sector. The disclosure provides additional information to the transparency and accountability requirements of the Accounts and Audit (Amendment No. 2) (England) Regulations 2009.
Hackney's senior management team constitutes the Chief Executive Officer, Group Directors and Directors.
Read more about using this data on our terms and conditions page.
The policy governing chief officer pay was agreed at full Council on 30 October 2017. The pay policy statement 2018/19 [pdf, 189.9KB] is published here for transparency and to meet the requirements contained in Chapter 8 of the Localism Act 2011.
Top 3 tiers of employees earning over £50,000
Information on the top three tiers of employees earning over £50,000, which is updated once a year. Date at which the information provided is true: 1 November 2018.
- top 3 tiers of employees earning over £50,000 [pdf, 14.17KB]
- pay scale - Chief Officer [pdf, 22.08KB]
Responsibilities at each tier are as follows
Tier 1-3 are senior managers with responsibility for:
- the successful delivery of the Mayor's priorities, Council's corporate objectives, and the business objectives of the designated directorate
- providing effective leadership and management that will contribute to the continuous improvement of the Council
- contribute to Council-wide and directorate initiatives that will achieve and implement the Mayor's priorities and corporate objectives
Tier 1 - is the Chief Executive, with overall responsibility for leading the organisation.
Tier 2 - is a member of Hackney management team and operates at a council wide strategic level (with responsibility for the whole directorate)
Tier 3 - is a member of directorate management team and operates at a directorate wide strategic level (with responsibility for the whole division)