Road safety learning resources
Week commencing Monday 6 June
- returning to school presentation – a guide to making the journey to and from school safely after lockdown
- Bike Week 2020 – 6-14 June
Week commencing Monday 18 May
- bikeability parent’s handbook – advice on cycling with children
- Highway Code traffic signs
- Tales of the Road – a highway code for young road users
- around my home lesson plan – mapping exercise for KS2
- around my home I found treasure hunt
- KS2 activity sheet
- KS2 road safety quiz
- traffic light biscuit recipe
How secure is your bicycle lock?
The City of London Police teamed up with havebike and the Cycle Show to test the effectiveness of bicycle locks and offer bicycle security advice.
Week commencing Monday 4 May
- THINK! education resources
- Road Safety GB
- London Road Safety Council
- Cycle Confident – activities for children
- Let’s Ride Local – family rides from your doorstep
- year 1 and 2 road safety worksheet
- year 3 and 4 road safety worksheet
- year 5 and 6 road safety worksheet
- KS3-5 workbook
- name the bicycle parts
Week commencing Monday 27 April
Road safety advice
Safer journeys anthem KS1
This film is to teach children between ages 3 to 6 about road safety. Download resources for this video.
This film is to teach children between ages 11 to 14 about distractions and road safety.