Parking and enforcement plan
The parking and enforcement plan (PEP) provides the policy framework for effective parking management within Hackney. This includes the management of parking on Hackney-run estates.
The scope of the PEP is necessarily broad, in part reflecting the complex and challenging linkages between parking and transport, environmental, economic and planning issues. It presents a series of policy recommendations that we work towards implementing over its lifespan.
To help us develop the PEP we look at past feedback and how other Councils manage parking issues.
We aim to update the PEP annually to show the progress we have made with implementing policy recommendations whilst also providing additional updates on any other improvements that have been made. It was last updated November 2022.
If you need clarity on any information in the PEP, contact us using the details below.
Parking and enforcement plan 2022 to 2027
The PEP 2022 to 2027 was agreed by the council’s cabinet in October 2022 and published in November 2022, following a borough-wide consultation.
The key visions of the PEP include:
- Supporting the creation of sustainable streets for everyone, by re-prioritising more of our kerbside space to support greening in the borough, and sustainable transport.
- Providing high-quality, customer-focused services that respond to the needs of our residents, businesses and visitors.
- Encouraging motorists to choose active travel and sustainable travel options, a switch to cleaner vehicles with a reduction in private vehicle ownership.
- Consolidating a fair, proportionate and transparent enforcement service to deliver high levels of compliance, and robustly tackle fraud.
- Delivering a consistent approach to parking products and services on all council-managed estates.
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm