The Hackney health and wellbeing board is a statutory committee of the Council.
This means senior leaders from the NHS, Hackney Council, Healthwatch and the voluntary and community sector can work together to improve the health and wellbeing of people in Hackney and reduce health inequalities.
What does the health and wellbeing board do?
The health and wellbeing board aims to improve the health and wellbeing of local people and tackle health inequalities by:
identifying local health needs and priorities, and making sure commissioning plans reflect the findings of our analysis of local health needs, the joint strategic needs assessment (JSNA). In Hackney we call this the
preparing and publishing a joint health and wellbeing strategy [pdf, 2.4MB] based upon the needs identified within the City and Hackney health and wellbeing profile
plan the delivery of integrated local services by addressing the underlying factors of health and wellbeing
- encouraging agencies to collaborate
- communicating and engaging with the public and other stakeholders about how to achieve the best possible quality of life
- assessing needs for pharmaceutical services in Hackney and publishing a pharmaceutical needs assessment [pdf, 5.18MB]
See the health and wellbeing board's meeting dates, agendas and papers
Who sits on the health and wellbeing board?
The Health and Social Care Act 2012 sets out a minimum membership of:
- one local councillor
- a representative of the local Healthwatch
- a representative of the local clinical commissioning group
- the local authority director for adult social services
- the local authority director for children's services
- the director of public health for the local authority
Hackney health and wellbeing board has widened its membership to include representatives from Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, East London Foundation Trust and the health and social care forum.
- Cllr Feryal Demirici (Chair)
- Dr Mark Rickets (Vice-Chair)
- Dr Penny Bevan
- Dr Navina Evans
- Tracey Fletcher
- Alistair Wallace
- Cllr Anntoinette Bramble
- Anne Canning
- Kim Wright
- David Maher
- Laura Sharpe
- Raj Radia