Santa Claus vs the Easter Bunny competition
You could win a signed copy of Santa Claus vs the Easter Bunny by Fred Blunt, the book where the Easter Bunny, resentful that Santa has the easier job, devises a devious plot to get even. There's also the chance to win a bundle of funny picture books by entering our Andersen Press competition.
See our staff for details. Closing date Saturday 22 December.
Membership is free and anyone can join - you do not have to be a Hackney resident.
Once you've applied, visit any of our library branches with your confirmation number and ID to activate your membership. You can also join in person at any of our library branches.
What can I find at the library?
As well as adult fiction and non-fiction books the library offers:
- large print books and talking books
- children's library service
- foreign language books and audio-visual material
- parents' and carers' collection
- DVDs, videos and music CDs
- language courses
- self-service machines
- online information resources
- free computer access and basic computer coaching
- free wi-fi for library members
- printing facilities, photocopier and scanner
- reading area
- study area
- private study area
- meeting room for hire
- teen zone
- quick picks area
Sign up for our newsletter
Events and activities - what's on in Hackney libraries
Macaroni Liberation Front bistro
Our bistro, Macaroni Liberation Front, offers a wide range of scratch cooked dishes like pasta, salads, eggs and mains together with coffees and teas. Vegan and vegetarian options available. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Book a computer
You need your library card number and PIN to access the booking system. If you need a new library card or have forgotten your PIN, visit one of our libraries.
You can also book by phone or in person, by using the booking kiosk in the library.
How long can I access a computer for?
Adults: 2 hours, children: 1 hour. Additional time is available on request.
New to computers and the internet?
Beginner's sessions are available. Please book in advance by asking staff.
How much is printing and scanning?
Black and white: 10p, colour: 50p.
Room for hire for meetings and events
Please contact email@example.com for all booking enquiries.
- capacity: 35 standing (without tables) or 20 sitting (with tables)
- the room is on the second floor of the library. It has lino flooring, blackout curtains and a small kitchenette
- kitchen facilities and appliances: fridge, kettle, sink (hot and cold water)
- projector and connections (VGA, AV) and stereo audio
- free public wi-fi with library membership card
- it is your responsibility to ensure that your equipment is compatible and you are familiar with the operation of the equipment as no technical support or equipment is provided by the library service or staff on site
- no additional services or equipment available other than those listed
- wheelchair access
- lift to the first floor
- toilets with disabled access
- parking for blue badge holders nearby