Coronavirus vaccination rollout
There are now 3 safe vaccines which will protect you from coronavirus, available free of charge from the NHS.
They’ve been through rigorous clinical trials, tested on hundreds of thousands of people worldwide and have finally been approved by the British Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).
Thousands of people across Hackney have already been vaccinated, and over 200 million people across the world have now safely received a vaccine. You’ll be contacted by the NHS when it’s your turn – either by letter or by a phone call from your GP to book your appointment.
On this page:
- if you’ve been invited to receive the vaccine, please book your appointment as soon as possible
- if you’re 50 or over you can now book your appointment
- if you’re eligible for a flu jab and haven’t had it yet, book yours now – you need to leave 7 days between getting a flu vaccine and a Covid-19 vaccine
- if you’re an unpaid carer and receive carers allowance, you can book your appointment now. If you don’t receive carers allowance, you can book an appointment through your GP
- be aware of scams – the NHS will never ask you for your bank details
- make sure any information you share about the vaccine comes from a trusted source such as www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
- frontline health and social care staff and employers (as defined by NHS guidance) working in Hackney who have not been contacted about booking a vaccination should email ASCcovid19vaccine@hackney.gov.uk with their details
- if you are a carer employed via direct payments, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8356 2354 to receive a coronavirus vaccination request form. You can also register as a carer with your GP to receive the vaccine
Watch local Hackney GP Dr Opat get his coronavirus vaccination
You can’t attend a vaccination site without an appointment.
In Hackney there are a number of vaccination sites:
- John Scott Health Centre, Green Lanes, Hackney N4 2NU
- Bocking Street Vaccination Centre, Hackney Central E8 3RU
- Clockwork Pharmacy, 398-400 Mare Street, Hackney E8 1HP
- Bees Pharmacy, 199-201 Rushmore Road, Clapton, Hackney E5 0HD
- Silverfields Chemist, 141 Homerton High Street, E9 6AS
- Haggerston Pharmacy, 201 Haggerston Road, E8 4HU
- Day Lewis Pharmacy – Stoke Newington, Stoke Newington Road, N16 8AD
Some residents will also be invited to attend the mass vaccination centres at:
- Westfield Shopping Centre, Stratford
- Excel Centre, Canary Wharf
Local health and care workers may also be offered a vaccination through local Barts or Homerton Hospitals.
Those that have the first vaccine will be invited back for a second dose to help them be fully protected from coronavirus.