We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.
Sustainability Day 2019
- when: Saturday 16 November, 10am – 4pm
- where: Hackney Town Hall Square, E8 1EA
Our third annual Sustainability Day. Come along and find out how you can help tackle the climate emergency.
- energy efficiency advice
- clothes swap (see below for more information and how to take part)
- free food and refreshments
- Council stalls with information on current and future programmes
- free bicycle checks
- plastic free and low waste food market
- bicycle smoothies
- sustainable retail stalls
- plus lots of other stalls giving all sorts of advice on sustainability and climate change, and telling you how you can get involved
This year, we declared a climate emergency and approved a motion to do ‘everything within the Council’s power’ to deliver net zero emissions across its functions by 2040.
Sustainability Day is one of our commitments to tackling the climate emergency, which include reaching net zero emissions by 2040, and switching to 100% renewable energy by 2020.
Clothes Swap Shop
As part of #ZeroWasteHackney, LoanHood and Hackney Council are excited to be hosting the Hackney Clothes Swap Shop.