Coronavirus – parking restrictions
We are continuing to enforce parking restrictions in Hackney. This is to ensure that we can make sure there is enough parking space for key workers, such as nurses and care workers.
See details on how key workers can apply for an exemption.
Resident parking permits
Residents who live in parking zones in Hackney can apply for resident permits. Permits are available for 3, 6 or 12 months. Permits are now electronic permits (e-permits), which means you don’t have to display a paper permit in your vehicle.
Paper permit holders should continue to display their permit until it expires.
If you are applying for a change of vehicle or address related to your permit, an e-permit will be issued.
It’s quicker and easier to get your car covered with e-permits:
- start your permit today with no need to display anything in your vehicle
- Civil Enforcement Officers (parking attendants) can check your permit is valid using your vehicle registration number
Apply for or renew your permit
Before you start
You will need:
- an email address
- your vehicle registration number
- a debit or credit card
You may also be asked to provide a proof of residency and / or vehicle ownership if we can’t confirm your residency and vehicle information automatically. We will accept scanned copies or photos of supporting documents.
What happens after you apply?
If you are entitled to a permit and submit everything we need to approve your application, your e-permit will start on the date that you have selected in your application. Any visitor vouchers that you have purchased will be delivered within 4 working days. If your application isn’t successful, we will contact you to explain why or what you need to do to help us process it.
Parking permits price list
Apply or renew by post
Print and complete the resident parking permit application form and return it to us:
- for a new application, include your supporting documents for proof of address
- to renew your permit, please use your renewal slip and allow at least 10 working days before your current permit expires to process your new permit
We only accept a cheque or postal order, so please do not send cash by post.