We welcome your views on the design of parking zones and parking policy.
Find out more about:
- review of Parking Zone R (Hackney Downs)
- stage one and two 'combined' consultation - proposed parking zone T extension (Cazenove and Springfield wards)
- Wick Road - boundary change
- stage one consultation - proposed parking zone V (Stamford Hill west, Springfield and Woodberry Down wards)
- stage one and two consultation - zone U (Upper Clapton)
- review of parking zone E and E.ext (Stoke Newington)
- stage one and two consultation - zone T disp area (Stamford Hill)
- review of parking zone A (Wenlock)
- review of parking zone G (Brownswood)
- review of parking zone G2 (Finsbury Park)
- Olympic Park event day parking consultation (parking zones K, N and Q)
The introduction of parking zones (PZs) in Hackney is driven by a two-stage consultation process which is outlined in our parking and enforcement plan (2015-2020).
Parking zone (PZ) reviews
We carry out regular reviews of PZs to ensure that the parking controls continue to meet current and future parking needs of local communities.
Every effort is made during the reviews to balance the competing needs of all road users - from private car and commercial vehicle drivers to cyclists and pedestrians due to the limited kerb space.
During the reviews, we consult all local people about the allocation of parking bays and operational hours to ensure the restrictions are meeting their needs. Where necessary we will also propose changes to single and double yellow lines (waiting restrictions) to improve road safety and ensure access and visibility for emergency services vehicles.
The reviews also provide an opportunity to review pay and display maximum stay periods and complete an audit of existing disabled bays to ensure the bays are being used by blue badge and companion badge holders.
For results of current and past PZ consultations please see closed consultations.
In conjunction with PZ reviews, or where a need is shown, we may also consult 'uncontrolled' roads on the boundary of existing PZs to identify whether local residents are suffering from any parking problems, and whether they would also like parking controls to be introduced.
Where necessary, a combined stage one and two consultation approach maybe adopted if a specific area is suffering from severe parking pressures due to displacement parking from neighbouring PZs.
If you'd like to request parking restrictions on your street, please complete the form:
Alternatively, you could speak to your neighbours and start a petition. Please include the name of the street and the times of day when parking is at its worst and address the petition to PZ Design Team, Hackney Parking Services, PO BOX 39055, London E8 1WT.
We'll consider the levels of parking stress measured through parking surveys, feedback from resident and whether local Councillors support the idea or not when we decide whether to consult people in your about the potential restrictions. We keep records of all the representations and deputations we receive and use them to help raise awareness of parking problems in the borough. We also use the information to identify parking hotspots.