We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.

Register to vote

Register by 26 November to vote in the general election on 12 December.

MST premises licence

You need a massage and special treatment (MST) premises licence if you want to carry out various special treatments on your premises. This includes tattooing and laser/IPL treatment.

See the guidance notes for further details of the special treatments which need a MST premises licence.

An MST premises licence requires renewing every year before it expires.

All therapists that carry out the treatment on the premises need to have a valid MST practitioner registration with the Council.

Apply for a new MST premises licence

Renew, transfer or vary an MST premises licence

Exempt and temporary premises licences

Make changes / request a duplicate licence

MST codes of practice and report an unlicensed MST premises

Page updated on: 10 October 2019

Licensing Service


Hackney Service Centre
1 Hillman Street
E8 1DY


Opening times

  • Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm (reception opening hours) Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm (phone calls)