We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.
- Parks, sport and health
- Parks and green spaces
Memorial trees and benches
Memorials in parks and green spaces usually take the form of benches or trees, but we’ll consider other items on a case by case basis. If you’re interested in commissioning one, please read our memorial policy, complete an application form and email it to email@example.com.
We’re happy to accommodate most requests for memorials but please bear in mind that green spaces are enjoyed by a wide range of people – we try to manage the process to benefit everyone. Please contact us if you have any questions.
The cost of installing a memorial bench onto an existing hard surface is £750 (excluding the plaque).
Benches can be installed at any time of year. Once we’ve received your application we will follow the following process:
- we’ll respond to your request and will arrange to meet you on site to discuss the location of the bench. In most cases we replace an existing bench with a memorial bench
- upon agreement of a location, we’ll send you an invoice for payment – you can pay by bank transfer or cheque
- it’s your responsibility to produce a plaque for the bench and deliver it to us for installation – see the memorial policy for the details of plaque size and wording
- we will order and install the bench after you have paid – this can takes up to 12 weeks
- once the bench has been installed we’ll notify you in writing
Prices for memorial trees start at £355.
The cost of planting a memorial tree varies depending on the tree’s size and species. All memorial trees will be sourced by us and will be planted in November-March. No plaques can be fitted to memorial trees or their tree guards.
Once we’ve received your application:
- we’ll respond to your request and discuss possible options for the size, species and location of the tree – options will depend on the tree planting plan for individual parks
- we’ll send you an invoice for the tree, its planting and tree guards
- once you’ve paid we’ll meet you on site to confirm the location of the tree before it is ordered
- we’ll plant the tree up to eight weeks after we receive your payment
- we’ll notify you in writing that we’ve planted the tree