Local and Mayoral Elections 2022
Elections for the Mayor of Hackney and 57 ward councilors were held on Thursday 5 May 2022.
On this page:
- See Notice of election – Election of the Mayor of Hackney
- See Notice of election – Election of Councillors
- See Statement of persons nominated (PDF 228kb)
- See Notice of Poll (PDF 412kb)
- See Statement of persons nominated and Notice of poll (PDF 180kb)
- See Notice of election agents’ names and offices (PDF 1mb)
- See Notice of Poll and Situation of Polling Stations (PDF 2.5mb)
All residents on the electoral register are eligible to vote in these elections, except for British citizens living overseas.
If you are not registered to vote then you can register online – it takes just a few minutes.
The last date to register to vote in this election is midnight on 14 April 2022.
The last date to submit a postal vote application is 5pm on 19 April 2022.
The last date to submit a proxy vote application is 5pm on 26 April 2022.
In Mayoral elections, the Returning Officer is required to compile a candidate address booklet. All candidates will be asked if they wish to provide a statement. The booklet will be sent to all voters in the post.
In polling stations, we will apply the latest government guidelines at the time of the election which may include the wearing of masks, use of voting screens, and a limit on the number of voters inside the station at any one time. Your poll card will provide more information. In addition, we are encouraging voters to register to vote by post.