- Clapton, Homerton, Shoreditch and Stoke Newington Libraries are closed until further notice.
Dalston C.L.R James and Stamford Hill Libraries are open on the following days:
- Dalston C.L.R James – 020 8356 8935: Wednesday and Saturday, 11am to 4pm
- Stamford Hill – 020 8356 1708: Tuesday and Thursday, 11am to 4pm
PC use and ‘order and collect’ services are available from both libraries.
You must book a PC in advance, for a maximum of 45 minutes. Unfortunately, we’re unable to offer printing, copying or scanning services. To book a PC or request an item by phone:
- call your preferred Library (numbers above) during opening hours or email email@example.com. You will need to provide your membership card no., name and contact details
- once the item(s) has been found we will contact you to book a collection slot
You can reserve up to ten items.
Only stock held at one of the above libraries can be reserved for collection from that Library.
Don’t have a specific title in mind? If you let us know what authors or genres you like we can make a selection for you.
Please bring your own bags when collecting items as we are unable to supply them.
Our e-library gives you access to thousands of eBooks, magazines, newspapers, reference materials and eAudio titles and is open 24/7.
Returns can be made any time during opening hours.
Not a library member?
Are you a Library member but have forgotten your PIN? Reset it online (PIN reset) and click ‘Log In’ then ‘Forgot My PIN’. Alternatively, our staff members will be happy to help, just contact any of the above Libraries.
The safety of our staff and the public are our top priority at all times and in line with Government guidance and advice a range of measures have been put in place in our Libraries. When you visit us we ask that you adhere to the following:
- you are required to wear a face covering whilst in our buildings.
- we have implemented additional cleaning, but you can help by using the sanitiser provided before entering the Library and wiping down the keyboard and mouse if you are using a PC.
- building capacity will be lower than normal to allow for social distancing, so please keep your distance where possible and follow directional floor markings where indicated.
- if visiting with children please supervise and keep them with you at all times.
All items currently on loan have been automatically extended until 31 March 2021. We have also suspended all fines and charges during this period.
You’ll get temporary membership giving you immediate access to thousands of e-books, audiobooks, newspapers and magazines for free:
Community library service
If you can’t get to your local library due to temporary or permanent illness, frailty or special needs, our community library service can deliver library material to your home every four weeks or deposit collections of books to nurseries, day centres and residential units on a weekly basis for free.