We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.

Register to vote

Register by 26 November to vote in the general election on 12 December.

What if I don’t get the support I need?

Sometimes we may not be able to provide you with the support you feel you need, or we may not agree to provide you with a particular piece of funding or service you have requested.

There may be a number of reasons for this so it is important you understand the reasons for you not getting the support you feel you need.

Your social worker should:

  • record any decision not to provide you with a service or funding and the reasons why
  • tell you about the reasons for this decision (and give you details of the complaints and appeals process if you would like this)

If you’re unhappy about a decision, you need to firstly try to talk to your social worker before making a complaint as they may be able to help you understand more about why this decision has been made or why the support is not available.

If you want to make a complaint

If you decide you want to make a complaint, you may want to have an advocate to support you in making the complaint. If you want advice on how to get an advocate involved to support you, speak to your social worker.

The CFS complaints team can be contacted on:

Or write to:

Safeguarding & Learning
3rd Floor
Hackney Service Centre
1 Hillman Street
E8 1DY

The Children and Families Service will be reviewing the financial support available to care leavers every year. Please let us know your views on the policy and any suggestions you may have. We’ll consider these when reviewing the policy.

Page updated on: 19 August 2019