Health and social care permit or voucher
- applicants need to demonstrate that they spend at least 30% of their time on the road visiting the community, work in medical or social care and work for either:
- Homerton University Hospital
- City and Hackney Clinical Commissioning Group
- East London Foundation NHS Trust
- permits are e-permits, so there is no need to display them in your vehicle
- civil enforcement officers (parking wardens) can check your permit is valid using your vehicle registration mark
- you can check the status of your e-permit or manage changes via your parking account
- renewal reminders will be sent to e-permit holders 6 weeks before it’s due to expire
Council staff and private companies are not eligible.
Apply for a health and social care e-permit or voucher
Before you start
- your job description to determine your eligibility and any supporting evidence to illustrate your work
- an email address
- your vehicle registration number
- a debit or credit card
You may be asked to provide your vehicle log book if we can’t confirm its details automatically.
What happens after you apply?
Once your application has been approved, your permit will become active from the date selected in your application and we’ll deliver your vouchers within 4 working days.
If your application isn’t successful, we’ll contact you to explain why or what you need to do to help us process it.
Read the terms and conditions below before you start using your permit.
Parking permits price list
Apply by post
Print and complete the health and social care e-permit or voucher application form and return it to us.
- for a new application, include your supporting documents for proof of address
- allow at least 10 working days for your vouchers/new permit to be processed
- to renew your permit, please use your renewal slip and allow at least 10 working days before your current permit expires to process your new permit
We only accept a cheque or postal order, so please don’t send cash by post.