We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.
General election 12 December 2019
There will be a parliamentary general election 12 December 2019.
- notice of election
- statement of persons nominated and notice of poll Hackney North and Stoke Newington
- notice of election agents Hackney North and Stoke Newington
- situation of polling stations Hackney North and Stoke Newington
- statement of persons nominated and notice of poll Hackney South and Shoreditch
- notice of election agents Hackney South and Shoreditch
- situation of polling stations Hackney South and Shoreditch
The deadlines to participate in this election are:
- registering to vote – midnight on Tuesday 26 November
- apply for or cancel a postal vote / change an existing proxy vote – 5pm on Tuesday 26 November
- apply for a new proxy vote – 5pm on Wednesday 4 December
Please note the deadlines are when the fully completed applications need to reach the Electoral Services team, Room 40, Hackney Town Hall and not when you send them to us.
We have no discretion to extend any deadline as they are set out in law.
Postal and proxy voting
You can’t apply for a postal or proxy vote by sending an email. You must fill out and send to us a fully completed application form by post or scanned as an attachment by email.
Digital signatures are not acceptable. Scans of actual signatures are acceptable.
We strongly advise voters based overseas to arrange a proxy vote, due to potential delays with delivery and return of postal votes from overseas.
When your vote will arrive
If you were fully registered to vote with an accepted application for a postal vote by midday on 1 November 2019, we currently expect to post your postal vote on or around 28 November 2019. If your postal vote is being sent to an overseas address, we expect to post your postal vote on or around 21 November 2019.
If your postal vote application is accepted after 1 November 2019 but before 15 November 2019, we currently expect to post your postal vote on or around 30 November 2019.
If your postal vote application is accepted between 16 November and the deadline of 5pm on 26 November 2019, we currently expect to post your postal vote as soon as possible in the week of 2 December 2019.
Please note these dates are provisional and subject to change. We will update them as we receive more detailed information from our print and mail supplier.
Postal votes to overseas destinations will be prioritised and sent out first.
Postal votes are always sent by first class post.
Registering to vote
Filling out your name on a household enquiry form is not an application to register to vote. You must also fill out an individual registration form.
If you’re already registered to vote, you don’t need to apply again.
If you’re registered with One Account, you can check whether you’re registered to vote by logging into your One Account.