The service is for applicants who have applied online for permanent residence or qualified person status and require a certified copy of a passport to be sent to the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI).
It ensures that:
- the current passport of European Economic Area (EEA) applicants who have applied online for permanent residence or qualified person status are copied, certified and forwarded to the Home Office by Royal Mail special delivery
How do I apply for permanent residence or qualified person status?
1. Make an application
2. Attend an appointment within 9 working days from the date of submitting an online application.
Please note: All applicants over 15 years and 6 months must attend the appointment with their passports.
3. For the appointment to take place applicants must provide:
- a printed copy of the online application
- a printed and fully completed document checklist
A completed application form and associated checklist can be downloaded and printed from the payment notification email provided by the UKVI once an online application has been submitted. There are no printing facilities at the Hackney Service Centre.
- a current passport of each applicant used to apply for permanent residence or qualified person status. This will be copied and certified. The original passports will be returned to you
- 2 passport sized (45mm x 35 mm) photographs of each applicant with the applicant name written on the back of each photograph taken within the last month. These must comply with the UKVI published standards for photographs
- all other supporting documents as requested on the Checklist. These should be original documents, which will be returned to you by the UKVI at the end of the process
Walk in times
There is no EPRS walk in service Wednesday afternoon, 30 January 2019. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.
- Tuesday 9 to 11.30am
- Wednesday 9 to 11.30am and 1.30 to 4pm
- Friday 9 to 11.30am
- Monday 9 to 11.30am
Hackney Registration Service, Hackney Service Centre, 1 Hillman Street, Hackney, E8 1DY.
There is no walk in service on bank holidays.
Please note: waiting times may vary due to demand for this service.
Each walk in service can accommodate 12 applicants. The number of applicants accessing the service is determined by the number of applicants included on an application; ie where an application includes 2 applicants (1 adult and 1 child) this will count as 2 applicants. Please note: Should we reach our maximum capacity it will not be possible to offer this service to additional applicants on the day.
What is the cost of the service?
The cost of the service is £15 for each applicant (as shown on the application form). This is payable at the time of booking the appointment.
In addition to the appointment fee there is also a postage fee of all documentation sent to the UKVI by Royal Mail Special Delivery. The postage fee will be payable during the appointment.
Please note: the preferred method of payment is by credit/debit card. Cash payments must be made at the Hackney self-service payment centre, which will add extra time onto your appointment.
Please note that using the service is defined by any documentation, verified or otherwise that is submitted to The UKVI for each applicant (as shown on the application form).
If I use the service will my application be successful?
We do not check application forms or supporting documentation for permanent residence or qualified person status. Using the service does not guarantee that your application will be successful.