We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.
Equality impact assessments
In most cases reports for major decisions will include an equality impact assessment, which will be published and available for the public to read. They look at the positive and negative effects a decision may have on different groups of people. We can then enhance the positive impacts and minimise any negative effects.
Understanding how different people will be affected by our decisions helps us develop policies and services that are appropriate and accessible to all, and meet different people’s needs.
Equality impact assessments for savings 2016/17
The Council faces further funding cuts from the government in 2016/17, but continues where possible to develop savings proposals which protect frontline services. The impacts of all proposals for 2016/17 have been reviewed and where there is a material impact, an equality impact assessment has been completed. These are listed below.
Given the scale of savings to be found it is becoming increasingly difficult to minimise impacts without stepping back and considering radically different ways of delivering services. To support this process the Council has adopted a corporate plan and is delivering cross cutting programmes to redesign services. Budget scrutiny task groups have also been established by the Governance and Resources commission.
This year the Council also carried out a cumulative impact assessment to understand the compounding impacts on a specific equality or vulnerable groups that arise from changes across a set of services.
- cabinet report on the 2016/17 budget
- cumulative impact assessment summary
- proposed introduction of charging for Telecare services in Hackney
- final phase of delivering the day care transformation – project agreed in 2012
- transformation of adult social care EIA 2013/14 – review of mental health residential care packages and cost of care; this is a continuation of existing policy
- homelessness strategy EIA 2015/18
- temporary accommodation strategy EIA 2015/18
- traveller sites lettings policy EIA
Equality impact assessments for savings 2013/14
- read the report for 2013/14 budget in the February cabinet papers
- equality impact assessment for the budget 2013/14
Chief Executive’s directorate
Children and young people
Legal, finance and resources
Health and community services
- homecare and supported housing provision
- changes to recycling collections
- supporting people savings and investment plan
- transformation of adult social care
- targeted preventative services