We take every effort to ensure that the information published on this website is accurate. However, we can’t accept any liability for the accuracy of content. Visitors who rely on this information do so at their own risk.
Re-using website data
The data published here is free to re-use under the Open Government Licence.
The material featured on the website is subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. Copyright protected material may be downloaded free of charge to file or printer without requiring specific permission.
This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not being used in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context.
Where this material is being issued to others, the source (including URL) and copyright status must be acknowledged.
This permission to reproduce copyright protected material does not extend to any material on this site which is identified as being the Copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained directly from the copyright holders concerned.
The copying and use of the Council logo and other Council logos is not permitted without prior approval of the Council. Permission requests should be directed to the digital content team. Tell us who you are, the organisation you represent (if any), how and why you wish to use our logo. Please include your contact details name, address, telephone number, fax number and email.
Ordnance Survey maps
Maps are reproduced on our website with the permission of the Ordnance Survey on behalf of The Controller of HMSO, Crown copyright. All rights reserved. Unauthorised reproduction infringes Crown copyright and may lead to prosecution or civil proceeding. When a viewer wishes to reproduce OS material, in any way, they will be directly responsible for obtaining prior permission from the Ordnance Survey.
The online payments service is part of the PARIS system and is hosted by Ideal Technology Services Limited. This website has been authorised as secure and any information entered on this site will remain confidential. The presence of a secure site is indicated by a closed padlock icon appearing at the bottom of your browser window when you access the web pages. Please note that the Council will not accept liability or responsibility for any loss that may arise through your use of this site.
To ensure your personal and payment card details remain secure, we recommend that you make your online payments using a web browser configured to run with 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All your personal and payment card details transmitted over the Internet will be protected using 128-bit encryption. This level of encryption makes it virtually impossible for anyone else to discover your details during transmission.
Any personal data that you provide will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. It will be used only by London Borough of Hackney for the purposes of processing your payment and will not be shared with any third parties.
You don’t have to ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on the Council website. We don’t object to you linking directly to our information that is hosted on other domains, eg, Housing information. However, we don’t permit the use of our logos as promotional or hypertext objects. Please see the paragraph above on logos.
We are not responsible for the contents or reliability of any site we link to and don’t necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We can’t guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for users to run an antivirus program on all material downloaded from the Internet.
We can’t accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material off the Council website.
Prize draws by the Council
- prize draws are only open to UK residents
- prize draws are not open to councillors, employees or contractors of the Council and companies connected with the prize draws, or their families
- no purchase is necessary
- prizes are offered as stated and are non-exchangeable or transferable. No cash alternatives will be provided
- we will randomly select and notify the winner(s)
- once notified by us, winners will need to contact us to arrange collection or delivery of their prize. If collection is being made in person, the winner will need to bring proof of identity e.g. birth certificate, driver’s licence or passport
- when we send out prizes, we will post them using Royal Mail second class. We can’t be held responsible for prizes that do not arrive, whether sent by us or the prize-giver
- we reserve the right to pick alternative winners if the original winners do not contact us within 14 working days of being told they have won
- we will list winners’ names and locations on our website for at least one month after the prize draw
- we reserve the right to publish the name(s) and location(s) of winner(s) in local newspapers
- if a prize is only open to people aged 18 or over we will require winners to prove they meet this requirement before the prize is dispatched
- we reserve the right to cancel or suspend any prize at any point, without liability to the prize-givers or winners
- our decision is final on all matters and we will not enter into any further correspondence
- by entering, you agree to be bound by these rules in relation to these prize draws