We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.
Development management local plan
The development management local plan (DMLP) sets out detailed, generally criteria-based, planning policies which we will use, together with the London plan, the core strategy and other supplementary planning documents, to assess planning applications.
The Council formally adopted the development management local plan (DMLP), including the policies map, on 22 July 2015.
- adopted Hackney DMLP (July 2015)
- DMLP sustainability appraisal
- sustainability appraisal on post submission modifications
- policies map (July 2015)
- adoption statement of the DMLP
- planning inspector’s final report
You can view printed copies of the above documents at:
- planning reception, Hackney Service Centre, 1 Hillman Street, E8 1DY, Monday to Friday, 10am-12pm and 2-4pm
- Hackney Central, Clapton, Homerton, Shoreditch, Stamford Hill, Stoke Newington, Woodberry Down and Dalston CLR James libraries; and
- on request tel 020 8356 8084 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Examination of the DMLP
An independent planning inspector, Simon Berkeley BA MA MRTPI, held hearings 24-25 September 2014 to determine whether it is sound.
The inspector’s schedule of main modifications does not include the main modification (ref. MM40). Following a high court decision, the inspector no longer considered the proposed amendment necessary to make the DMLP sound. The high court decision was made as part of the case West Berkshire District Council, Reading Borough Council and Department for Communities and Local Government (case ref CO/76/2015).
Consultation on the proposed main modifications
We provided further information to the inspector in response to matters raised during the hearings, which can be found in the evidence base. We consulted on proposed main modifications to the DMLP (post examination in public) and the sustainability appraisal on post submission modifications:
- DMLP main modifications (post examination in public)
- sustainability appraisal (post submission modifications)
The consultation took place February to April 2015.
- inspector’s examination documents (IED 1-5) [zip, 274.44KB]
- the Council’s examination documents (CED 1-1(2)) [zip, 2.5MB]
- respondents’ hearing statements [zip, 2.65MB]
- Council’s hearing statement (1-8) [zip, 2.29MB]
Publication version (Regulation 19)
The proposed plan was amended, taking consultation responses into account and after an internal review following the regulation 18 public participation.
Public participation stage (Regulation 18)
The draft plan underwent the first stage of public consultation (Regulation 18) in July-September 2012. See this version of the document and its supporting documents:
There were around 400 representations from 68 different representors to the consultation document in July-September 2012. Following the consultation period, we reviewed representations and met with internal and external people and organisations, including those who made representations. Where appropriate we amended the plan, and produced an updated version for this stage.
For more information about the local plan, contact us on email@example.com or 020 8356 8084.